Educ8 are working with an outstanding SEN School based in South East London.
They are seeking a positive, dynamic and enthusiastic Primary Teacher to teach key stage 1&2 students with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD).
The school is dedicated to meeting the academic, behavioural, therapeutic, and vocational needs of its students. Their mission is to create, adapt, and implement functional curricula necessary to meet the diverse individual needs of their student population and increase current and future independence.
We will be interviewing for this position next week, with the successful candidate starting on 1st September 2021. This is a full time (Mon-Fri) permanent position.
- Experience of teaching in an SEN environment, through trainee placements or FT employment, pupils with PMLD, including sensory impaired, in either reception, key stage 1 or key stage 2
- Excellent teaching methods
- High expectations of both self and students
- Effective communication skills
- Experience using Makaton, TEACCH and PECS
- Passion and commitment to inclusive education
- Set and mark classwork and homework and keep appropriate records in line with the school policy.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the work of all students taught using school systems.
- QTS/PGCE or equivalent with excellent knowledge of the curriculum.
- Good references.
All offers of employment as a teacher are subject to compliance with safeguarding legislation’s in relations to teachers and teaching in state maintained schools, including but not limited to an Enhanced DBS Certificate. Full assistance will be provided.
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000