Are you an Occupational Therapist looking to embark on a rewarding career, where you are supported in everything you do? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join a successful Schools Group and give your career the best start.
Educ8 are acting on behalf of an independent School for students with Special needs based in Greenwich.
You will be working for an established, stable, and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of special education and therapy.
You will work 38.5 hours a week alongside the multidisciplinary team, a service, which offers a range of therapies for young people with social, emotional, and mental health illness.
Give your career the best start by working alongside Registered Occupational Therapists, where you will assist in providing comprehensive occupational therapy assessments to support service users to build a brighter future.
Under supervision, you will be responsible for planning and facilitating needs-led and evidence-based group and individual programmes, where you will create individual rapports and identify service user’s needs so that they can better
A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations
- Plan and regularly review appropriate OT treatment programmes under the supervision of a Specialist OT
- Attend and actively contribute to Case review meetings, working collaboratively with staff colleagues in the planning and delivery of treatment programme
- Participate in the planning, evaluation and audit of practices, clinical pathways, and protocols in the services
- Adhere to a timetable of sessions which equates to a minimum of 20 hours per week as per the needs of the service
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Affiliated Registration
- Understanding young people with SEMH and ASD
- Evidence of ability to research, plan, implement and evaluate a project for a specific patient group
- Experience of working with a similar caseload
- Experience of providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £25,000
- The equivalent of 28 days annual leave plus school holidays = 14 weeks off per year
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
Educ8 Services follow safer recruitment of applicants for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
The closing date for this advert is the 19th April 2021, although we will be looking at applications as they come in and may shortlist in advance of the closing date. This advert will close early if there is sufficient interest before the closing date.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 21st April 2021
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration.
£25,000 per annum