Educ8 are proud to be working with a group of Special schools based in London & Surrey who, due to huge success and expansion, are seeking an experienced Behaviour Mentor to join them in September 2021
The school, provides a unique, holistic therapeutic approach to their students students from KS2-5 with SEMH, PMLD needs.
Your duties will include:
Working under guidance of teaching staff: provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
- Provide pastoral support to pupils.
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from, or otherwise not working to, a normal timetable.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health & hygiene development.
- Participate in comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help.
- Assist the teacher with the development and implementation of individual Education/Behaviour/Support/Mentoring plans.
- Support provision for gifted and talented pupils and those with special needs.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model.
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
- Promote the speedy/effective transfer of pupils across phases/integration of those who have been absent.
- Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/behaviour/attendance.
- Challenge and motivate pupils, promote and reinforce self-esteem.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc
If you want to be part of a strong, team orientated School where you will receive extensive training opportunities and fast progression, please apply at your earliest convenience.
Interviews taking place w/c 24th of May 2021
Educ8 Services and our partnered schools are fully committed to the Safeguarding of children and stringent compliance and expect all applicants to share the same commitment.
£17,000 – £22,000 per annum, negotiable