How do I register with you?

The most effective way to get registration on progress is to complete the form on our registration page >

A consultant will then contact you and ask some screening questions to ensure that you meet the criteria for registration with LCJ. Upon successful completion of this you will be invited for a face to face meeting.

Umbrella Companies

LCJ has relationships with umbrella companies that are specialists in the Education sector to enable you to maximise and increase your weekly pay by offsetting legitimate business expenses against your gross salary.  This reduces your income tax and National Insurance liability but you will still be treated like any other employee paying tax and National Insurance contributions at source through PAYE.

This scheme is available to all teachers and support staff.

Legitimate business expenses can include:

• Interim Accommodation
• 2 flights home per year (to home country only)
• Travel expenses to and from school
• Food costs during the working day
• Costs of telephone calls
• Computer Software
• Subscriptions to trade journals
• Postage & Stationary
• Enhanced CRB Checks

PPA and the Umbrella company will take care of all payroll administration, tax and National Insurance.

ISS Group Ltd are known to LCJ and we have negotiated with ISS Group Ltd that they will charge no more than a 4% fee per payslip – This charge is also offset as a valid business expense.

When taking the decision to work with an umbrella company, LCJ would advise all candidates to fully understand their right with regards to rebates and/or refunds, as well as other terms and condition such as the withdrawal from the service and any notice required to do so once engaged.

When will I get paid?

Payments will be made a week in hand and be in your account every Friday.

How much will I get paid?

Daily rates are dependent upon the level of experience and the type of work offered so you should always speak to our consultants about every assignment offered.

Long term assignments (12 weeks or more) are subject to negotiations and from October 1st will take into the AWR (Agency Workers Regulations) .  Again, please speak to a PPA Education consultant about this.

Do you register Overseas Trained Teachers (OTTs)?

Yes. LCJ Education has considerable experience in finding work in the UK for teachers from abroad.

In order to register as a temporary worker from overseas you must hold an acceptable Right to Work , along with a teaching qualification from an EU country, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Japan.  Teachers with qualifications from other countries will need to contact NARIC UK to ensure their qualification is equivalent.

Provisional Registration with The General Teaching Counil for England as an Overseas Trained Teacher is also essential.

Where can I work?

We provide opportunities in primary, secondary and special schools as well as private and state nurseries, academies, independent schools and family centres across London, Hertfordshire, Kent and Berkshire.

How does Supply Teaching work?

Supply teachers are required by schools and colleges to cover daily absence. Usually a school will contact us at around 3.30pm or before 8.00am the following day to request a supply teacher. So if you are looking for daily supply work, you should make yourself available for contact by us at these times.

Successful supply teachers are fully prepared and ready to go well in advance of the start of the school day. A supply teacher’s responsibilities and teaching requirements vary from school to school and day to day so make sure you understand what is expected of you before beginning an assignment.

We pride ourselves on the service we provide to schools and colleges and we expect you tol represent PPA Education in a professional manner at all times.

Supply teaching is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a number of school settings before taking up long-term or permanent positions. For others, it is a great way to balance work and home life.

What type of work do you offer?

We offer daily supply roles as well as long-term work e.g. covering maternity leave or long-term sickness. We also have full-time permanent positions for teachers, SEND staff, school management and nursery nurses.

What qualifications/references do I need to work for LCJ?

To work as a teacher you must possess a valid teaching qualification, have recent teaching experience and be able to provide at least two references from recent teaching placements.

To work as a Nursery Nurse, you must hold a relevant qualification and have at least two professional references covering the past two years.

For Support Workers you will need to have at least 6 weeks recent school-based experience and references covering the past two years.

All those working for LCJ must possess a full clear Criminal Records Bureau certificate.

Can LCJ help me become a teacher?

No. To find out ways into teaching within the UK, please visit the LLUK website or the TDA website.

PPA may be able to help those with existing experience of working with children or young people to find roles as support workers.

You can download a timesheet from the link below or request one by emailing

You can email you timesheet to

Timesheets must be sent in by 10am on Monday to ensure you get paid on time.

Here at LCJ we let you choose how you get paid. You can be PAYE, get paid through our carefully chosen umbrella company or as a sub-contractor.

All successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours